OFFICE OF THE LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER
UCP library is envisioned to be a globally competitive primary learning resource center for research, exploration and dissemination of knowledge in an advance technology system.
Ms. Amabelle Rachelle G. Dionaldo – College Librarian
Ms. Renalyn D. Killase- Senior High School Librarian
Email Address- email@example.com
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All bona fide students of UCP with validated school Library Card.
- UCP faculty, administrators and staff.
- UCP alumni with valid alumni ID.
- Off-Campus researchers should present valid ID and referral letter duly signed by the Chief Librarian and must secure a library fee to use the library facilities.
- Students must always wear the School ID while inside the Library.
- Smoking, eating, drinking, sleeping, vandalism and loitering are not permitted.
- Loud conversations and group discussions are prohibited.
- Cell phones should be in silent mode while inside the library.
- Chairs must be arranged after use.
- Readers’ Services will cease 15 minutes before the indicated closing time to allow the staff members to put the library in order for the next day’s services.
BORROWING AND RETURNING OF BOOKS
- A library card which is valid for the current semester should be presented when borrowing any library materials to the librarian or person in charge.
- Library card in non-transferable; students who will present the Library Card of other students when borrowing Library Materials won’t be allowed unless he/she applies for his/her own Library Card, otherwise, the Library Card will be confiscated by the Library Staff.
- Students may borrow only one (1) book at a time for library use or photocopy purposes and one (1) book for overnight use. Such books may be renewed if frequently borrowed.
- Books for overnight can be borrowed until 4:00 PM and must be returned at or before 12:00nn of the following day.
- Students are allowed to borrow books on Saturdays and must return them on the following Mondays.
- Books shall be returned in the same condition as they were borrowed; otherwise, the student will be required to pay for the said book/s.
- Students will be subject to a major offense or to its equivalent disciplinary sanction if the borrowed library materials are found mutilated, with torn pages/written pages and steal of any library materials.
- Thesis, Research Paper, Feasibility, Reference Books (Encyclopedia/Dictionary) and Reserve Books (books which have only one (1) copy) are for library use only.
- Periodical Materials such as Journals, Magazine and Newspaper are for library use only.
- The library card shall be returned to the student upon acceptance of the returned book/s.
FINES AND LOST BOOKS
A fine will be imposed for overdue books:
- Twenty pesos (20.00) per book per day for books loaned for overnight use.
- Books borrowed on Saturday, however if not returned on the due date, a fine of 30.00 per day will be given for overdue.
- Lost books should be replaced by the same or latest edition of the book and the corresponding fine must be paid. If the book is irreplaceable, 100% of the current market price of the book must be paid by the borrower and an additional 50% to cover acquisition and processing cost.
- Lost library card must be reported immediately to the Librarian. Otherwise, the owner will be responsible for his/her lost library card.
- Lost library card may be replaced after three days from the time it was reported lost. A fine of (125.00) will be charge on borrowers applying for a replacement of the lost card.
- All payments shall be made at the Accounting Office only. Receipts as proof of payments shall be presented to the library for record purposes.
- Lost or replaced library card, when found is no longer valid. This must be surrendered to the library where it was secured.
- No delinquent borrower shall be allowed to use the Library and its facilities unless he/she settled all accounts due to the library evidenced by receipts of payments.
- Library Card valid for the current semester should be presented to the librarian or person in-charge.
- Only the student that will present his/her Library Card is allowed to use the Internet.
- Free Internet access is provided for academic research use only.
- A student is given one (1) hour per day on a first come first serve basis. Additional one-hour session is allowed to the same user but not on consecutive time.
- Computer gaming and social networking is strictly prohibited.
- Log-out when finished and claim Library Card for proper recording of time used.
- Any violation thereof shall be subject to disciplinary action corresponding to the act committed.
Photocopying of articles and excerpts from books may be allowed for personal use. Abstracts of theses and research papers may also be allowed for photocopy.
ISSUANCE OF REFERRAL LETTER
Students who wish to go to other library to supplement their research must secure a referral letter, duly signed by the Head Librarian or Library Staff, who endorses students to other libraries.
- Students, Faculty and Staff must return all borrowed materials and pay their accounts to be cleared.
APPLICATION FOR LIBRARY CARD
- 1 pc. 1×1 picture
- Enrollment Form
Registration and validation of Library Card is every semester.